Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Two Tummies

My current tummy
My former tummy

I had another great night of work last night. I didn't actually start until 5:15 in the evening, which was GREAT - I got to sleep in and arse around all day, doing whatever I wanted, and then when dinner time rolled around I went out and worked a full eight hour work day. It was pretty sweet.

Bf had scheduled a band practice last night for six o'clock. After my first show at 5:15, I planned to go to the gym while the guys rehearsed, and then Bf and I would have maybe an hour or so to hang out before I had to go back to work. I was excited to get back into the gym, and I was just running home to grab an exercise top when my phone started ringing with Bf's ringtone (nine inch nails, of course).

"Helloooooo?" I answered cheerfully.

"Hey baby," he said quietly, and I raised my eyebrows in the general direction of my phone. Something was up.

"It's Baby Momma," he said, when I asked him what was wrong.

"What about her?" I asked.

Turned out that Bf wasn't almost home to set up for band practice - he was just leaving Baby Momma's house. She had called him and told him to come and pick up Baby, because she wasn't feeling well and wanted to go to the hospital. Bf had been frustrated, as he had to cancel his rehearsal to accommodate her yet again - and after all, she had only had Baby for five hours - but he agreed to go and pick up his daughter.

Of course, when he got to Baby Momma's house, she made him drive her to the hospital, too. When he dropped her off at the ER, he warned her that she would be waiting a long time. There wasn't anything serious about her malaise, Bf told her, and he predicted that she would have to wait at least a couple of hours to see a doctor.

She shrugged him off and got out of the car. As soon as she was gone, he called me on my mobile and asked if I was busy.

"No," I said quickly.

"What about going to the gym?" he asked. "I know how excited you were to get back in there."

"Ah, it can wait till tomorrow," I declared, and I was right - it could wait. I would much rather spend that extra time with Baby and Bf, especially since Psycho would have Baby for the rest of the week.

We agreed that we would meet at the Montana's by our house in 30 minutes. I rushed home, where I was going to do some sit ups to replace my workout for the day. But I got too busy doing other things, and didn't end up doing them at all.

Specifically, I was too busy looking for my stage bag. The last time I had seen it was the Night of The Seven Hour Blackout, and I really needed it for work. At the moment I was carrying a little rolley suitcase onstage, and all I had to give out for promo were my huge ass posters - which SUCKS, because it meant that everyone who tipped me got a really expensive poster, no matter what they tipped. It was costing me a fortune. I needed to find my stage bag and get a hold of my smaller, less expensive promo.

I spent the entire half hour I had looking for that damn bag - in the basement, in my office, in both cars, in storage. I couldn't find it anywhere. So of course, I had to wonder - did I even bring it with me when I left that stag? And how fucking HORRIBLE is it that I do not have a fucking clue, that I don't even remember leaving the party?

I could feel the bile of disgust at my own fucked-up-ed-ness begin to rise in my throat, and I tried desperately to quell in. I had been doing so well for a few days now, I didn't want to slip back into that paralyzing depression that has plagued me for weeks. Especially now, when I was going to spend time with Bf and Baby, whom I did not really see much this past week when I was crying and sleeping all the time.

As a last resort, I texted my mum, to see if it had somehow ended up in their house when they brought me home over Christmas. I headed to Montana's to meet Bf and Baby while I waited for her reply.

I got to the restaurant and found Bf and Baby sitting in a booth at the back. Baby took a moment to recognize me, as I was all dolled up and wearing a wig for work. I sat down next to her and pointed at my face, and said "My Kg" a few times. She smiled up at me, as if to say "Duh," and then showed me the placemat she had been coloring.

"Oooh," I smiled back at her. "Very nice!"

We had a really nice time at dinner. Baby was full of energy and was almost impossible to keep in her seat. I ended up walking her around the restaurant several times to try and distract her till our food came.

As we were eating, I found out from Bf that shortly after he and Baby had arrived at the restaurant, Baby Momma had called him on his mobile from the hospital. She had announced that the Emergency Room was a fucking shit show, and that there was no way she was waiting around for five hours to see a doctor.

"Hmmm," Bf said. The urge to scream "I told you so!" must have been overwhelming. But he said nothing at all, and just waited.

He didn't have to wait long.

"So, where are you right now?" she whined into the phone.

"Baby and I are just out for dinner," he replied.

"Where?" she asked.

"Up by my house," he replied.

"Can you come and drive me home?" she asked.

"No," he said. "We just sat down here."

"Fine," she snapped. "When you're done, you can bring Baby back over to my house."

And again, Bf stood up to her! "No," he said again. "I'm not driving across the city again. She is staying at our place tonight."

He didn't tell me how she reacted to that, but I can fecking guess. But I really am so proud of him for standing up to Baby Momma. She is a very difficult person to say no to, as she punishes anyone who doesn't do what she wants. Bf is particularly susceptible to her acts of vengeance, as she has no qualms about using Baby to punish him for any non-compliance. So it was a really big deal when he shut her down, and spent time with Baby and I instead.

After dinner, I headed back downtown to do my first of four shows. All my shows went really well, and though the downtown club was a bit quiet, the south club was pretty busy and made up for it. There was a lot of drama going on though, particularly at the south club, as the owners had finally decided to offer private dancing at their clubs. Sunday night was the first time they opened their VIP room for private dancing, but for some reason they just chose three or four girls who were allowed to sell private dances, and the rest of us weren't. These few girls were still on the schedule, so they still got paid to do stage shows, and apparently other dancers even got bumped from the schedule so these girls could still do stage shows AND sell private dances. I didn't understand the logic at all, but I didn't really care that they wouldn't let the rest of us sell dances. It was too hard on a Sunday anyway, as we bounce back and forth between the downtown club and the south club, and it is sometimes hard just to get back to each cub on time for your next show. So none of us who were on the regular schedule would have had time to sell any dances anyway, but a lot of the girls were still pissed.

I got into a debate with one of the girls that was chosen to work VIP. She was bragging about how the owner had hand picked her to work the VIP room for the first night. Personally, I wasn't sure why they chose her - she only sold one dance the whole night. She's a beautiful girl, but she is not much of a hustler. She defended herself by saying that the owners chose her because they didn't want their clubs to be anything like Capital City clubs, which really push the private dancing and are reputed to get pretty sleazy. She went on and on about how our clubs were never going to get like that, that the owners would never let the clubs become dirty like Capital City's. She was a bit drunk, so when I scoffed and said that they would sell out sooner or later, she just started talking louder to drown me out, going on and on about how the owners would never sell out, like she was best friends with all of them. She was honestly bugging the fuck out of me, which, in fact, she ALWAYS does - she's just a really obnoxious girl - but last night she was worse than usual, with her swollen ego and drunken rambling. I said a quick prayer of thanks when she finally left me the fuck alone, and the dressing room was once again blissfully silent.

My last show was at the south club, and when it was done, I headed straight home. Bf had asked me to come to bed as soon as I got home, but I was hungry again. I threw a frozen dinner in the microwave then headed upstairs to let Bf know that I was home. I sat down beside his sleeping form and stroked his cheek until he woke up and smiled at me.

"Hi baby," he mumbled sleepily.

"Hi," I smiled. "I just wanted to let you know that I'm home. I'm just going to have something quick to eat, and then I'll come to bed, okay?"

"Okay," he said, closing his eyes again. He rolled over onto his side and stretched out, and suddenly I decided that the best use of my time while I waited for my food to defrost was to cuddle into M's back for a few minutes. So I lay down on my side behind him and snuggled my face into his back, and before I knew it, I was sound asleep.

An hour and a half later I woke up again, still cuddled into Bf's back. I sat up and tucked my legs underneath me so I could rub Bf's back, and I bent forward and lay my head down on the mattress so I could cover his back in kisses. That's when I fell asleep again.

My tummy woke me up again at 4 am, growling for the food I had thrown in the microwave over two hours ago. I got up and went downstairs to eat and read, and when I was done I went back to bed with Bf. It was a really nice ending to a really good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...